Our Top 10 Favourite Places To Eat In Kathmandu
Kathmandu is a food lovers heaven. You are treated to literally any variety of food you can imagine. Half the fun of staying in Thamel is to try out all the different restaurants and bars. To make navigating this town a little easier for you, we have listed our our Top 10 Favourite Places To Eat In Thamel Kathmandu.
- Electric Pagoda – The best burger in town. That’s all you really need to know about this place! It has a lovely garden with a variety of seating options, great cocktails and plenty to choose from the menu. Nice for lunch or a chilled out evening.
- La Dolce Vita – Life is sweet. An Italian restaurant serving pizzas and pastas. The rooftop is one of the best places to spend a summers evening in Kathmandu. They also have a great wine list (which is rare for Nepal). This is the place we like to go to treat ourselves!
- New Orleans – A funky blues restaurant right in the center of Thamel in a quiet garden. Their food is great (steaks, salads, burgers and more) and have quite an extensive drinks menu. Check out their schedule to see when they have a live blues band in the evenings. It’s also a nice spot for an afternoon coffee (and ice cream!)
- Northfields – My personal favourite breakfast spot. They have a variety of food on offer, Mexican, Nepali, Continental the list goes on. I like that they offer half or full sized portions on their breakfast menu, and the music from a traditional Nepali band in the evening sets a really great atmosphere. Coffee is refillable which is also great for breakfasts!
- Road House – Pizza, pizza, pizza!! Beautifully cooked in a real stone oven in front of you, this is the best pizza place in town. The garden out the back is great for the hot evenings and in the winter they have patio heaters. A lovely place for a romantic meal or group dinner. And make sure you try their sizzling brownie at the end!
- Muktinath Thakali Kitchen – Or as we like to call it ‘Sunny Dal Bhat’ as it’s the only place in winter you can find sun in the city! This is a favourite amongst local business men who have their lunch time Dal Bhat here. There are other things on the menu, but their Dal Bhat is really something, and I have to be honest, I’ve never tried anything else!
- Everest Momo – Hands down the best momo’s in town, and our all time favourite lunch spot. There’s no menu, you simply walk in, sit down and someone will bring you a plate of 10 buff momo’s with a very tasty soup. The only choice you get is coke or fanta. You eat, you pay and you go. No hanging around. It’s Nepal’s equivalent of fast food, but so much better!
- Yanling – If your looking for a cheaper place, Yanling serves nice momo’s and Thupka (noodle soup) as well as fried rice and chowmein. It’s not the fanciest place in town, but the food is good and service is quick.
- Places – A vegetarian restaurant with a cool vibe. Ground seating, these guys have really worked out a unique and tasty menu. Their salads are the best in town. Another great lunch time spot or a very chilled out evening.
If you would like more information on any of these places, then please feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have enjoyed reading Our Top 10 Favourite Places To Eat In Kathmandu then check out other Hints and Tips for a safe travels in our latest blog post here.