Listed below is our suggested packing list when rafting and kayaking with GRG’s in Nepal.
- Sun cream
- Shorts or cropped trousers and T-shirt you don’t mind getting wet
- Clothes for traveling in before and after the trip
- Sun glasses with sports strap
- Capped hat if you wish
- Teva style sandals or trainers
- Warm fleece for after the trip
- Camera (can be stored in our dry bags/box whilst rafting)
- Small amount of money for snacks and treats if you wish
- Water bottle
- Personal medication
Whilst rafting, your belongings will be transported to our take out point by a member of staff. They will not be traveling on the raft with us.
Overnight trips / expeditions you will require the above as well as:
- Sleeping bag and mattress (if you do not have, please ask and we can provide for you free of charge)
- Dry clothes for the evening(s). Make sure you bring warm clothes with you as the night times can get cold, especially in the winter months.
- Warm hat, gloves and scarf for the winter months
- Pajamas (Thermal Pajamas are recommended in the winter months)
- Small wash kit – biodegradable products are preferred if you have them
- Book, deck of cards or small travel games
- Personal medication (please let us know of any pre-existing medical conditions before participating in any whitewater trip)
- A small amount of money for treats here and there
- Photocopy of your passport & visa
Please note when choosing your clothes for the trip/expedition, please try to be sensitive of local culture. Many of our river journeys go through remote areas where local people traditionally dress conservatively. If you dress in short or tight clothes you may cause offense and you will almost certainly gather a crowd of interested followers!
When joining our expedition trips, you will be given 100liter dry bags that will be shared between two. It is best to pack into a rucksack that can be put inside these dry bags.
We will provide you with your rafting equipment (helmet, dry top, wet-suits when required)
Read our post about 7 extra things to pack that you might not have thought of!